As people around the world get ready to countdown the end of 2017 and reflect on the past year, Oldcastle SurePods takes a look back as we prepare to launch a stellar 2018.
Here’s our take on the 2017 modular construction stories of the year, in no particular order:
- Marriott International expands its Modular Construction Initiative – Enhancing its commitment to innovation in construction, the hospitality brand planned to use pre-fab guestrooms or bathrooms in 50 hotels in 2017.
- Wall Street Journal editors proclaimed that “Construction is ground zero in the worker shortage.” Not given to hyperbole, the Journal colorfully described the pain building owners and contractors are facing with finding sufficient numbers of workers to build their projects.
- The tallest building west of the Mississippi River opened – the 73-story Wilshire Grand Hotel in downtown Los Angeles shaved months off its construction scheduling using SurePods modular bathrooms.
- Senior Housing News called modular construction “the best-kept secret in senior living development,” due to its ability to speed construction and drive down costs, while providing quality living environments.
- Offsite construction methods move to the mainstream, according to a feature story analyzing pre-fab building trends in Construction Dive.
What construction news did you find most interesting in 2017?
Leave us a comment below, link to the article you suggest. We would love to read it!Contact Us