THE OLDCASTLE FACTORY AUTOMATION PROCESS
- Automation of key steps drives dimensional accuracy.
- Computer driven automation is evident throughout the manufacturing floor.
- Wall board is precision cut using automated CNC machines.
- Specialized equipment has been developed to hoist sub assemblies into place.
3 DIMENSIONAL COMPUTER MODELING
- Integrated CAD / CAM system drives BIM (building information modeling).
- The engineered 3D model drives the design into production generating cut files and assembly directions for materials within the bathroom.
- BIM allows architects to fully integrate the SurePod™ model into their overall design.
CONTROLLED FACTORY ENVIRONMENT
Once a solid design is developed and computer tested, it is transferred to manufacturing where bathrooms move down a precisely controlled assembly line. The work at each manufacturing station is inspected before moving to the next station. Manufacturing associates have proper lighting, tools and materials. Work stations are organized to produce high quality in a safe environment.
The result is a level of workmanship that is superior to site built, completed in days instead of months, and for a competitive cost.
Every Oldcastle SurePod™ bathroom must pass a comprehensive 120-point inspection that ranges from electrical tests and pressure testing of plumbing lines to the proper width of caulk joints and the fit and finish of fixtures. Our process defines specific standards for the materials and labor items in each bathroom design. Then as the bathroom travels from station to station as part of the manufacturing operation, there is a set of documents custom to each unit that stays with the bathroom and serves as an inspection checklist.
THE MANUFACTURING TEAM
- The factory environment allows for a stable and permanent employment arrangement
- Employees are cross-trained in multiple functions
- There are programs in place to promote team collaboration
- Employee’s ideas for ways to improve processes, materials etc. are rewarded. This fosters an environment where team members are motivated to share new concepts and is keeping with the lean philosophy of continual improvements.